Thursday, May 1, 2008

Free Choice: Cross- Stitch


Summary/Explanation

In my free time, I like to sit in front of the television and cross stitch easy patterns from a cross- stitching book that I have. My mother taught me how to cross stitch when I was like thirteen years old. She would let me practice on one of her designs she was working on. Then, slowly I began to become familiar with cross stitching and I started working on it by myself. My free choice is a bookmark I cross stitched for my mother. I decided to make her something because Mother’s Day is coming up soon and I needed crafty ideas as a gift. Home made gifts are always more valuable than store bought ones in my family. Well, since my mother taught me how to cross stitch, she would especially like the book mark I made her. My mother likes to read in her spare time when she is not busy with my little brother. I wanted my bookmark to be a surprise for my mother because she does so much for me and my family. I decided to make the bookmark with a simple design. I crossed stitched two M’s and a red heart in the middle that stands for the O in MOM. Red hearts symbolize love like for example, I heart NYC. And I was clever to do a simple design because I know I would not have enough time to finish a complicated one in time for Mother’s Day. Cross stitching consists of making multiple X’s that will form a larger design. I enjoy cross stitching because I like when the X’s come together to make something look appealing.



Note: Well, I think the picture looks bad on here. It looks better when you hold the actual bookmark =]

No comments: